We’ve now reached four weeks of staying at home thanks to COVID-19 and with the recent announcement in Massachussetts that non-essential businesses will be closed until early May , it looks like we have at least another month to go. I’d be lying if I didn’t say there have been a lot of ups and downs these past few weeks, but knowing that there is a good number of days to come, I’ve been trying to keep my spirits up. These are fifteen random and easy things I’ve done that have made me happy- whether it is due to quarantining at home or just because you are in a rut, I feel like we can all find at least one thing that will make you happy on this list.
- Baking a favorite dessert
- Listening to fun music and singing and dancing along- highly recommend Chrissy Teigen’s Now That’s What I Call Quarantine playlist on Spotify
- Getting fresh air (obviously while maintaining social distancing)
- FaceTime/Zoom calls with friends and family- these are critical for my sanity! If you have little ones, try having grandparents read a book to your babes. This has been fun for Nicholas too!
- Sending snail mail to a friend
- Trying a new recipe for dinner from one of my many cookbooks I barely use
- Checking a project off your to-do list that you’ve been procrastinating on
- Taking a long, hot shower or a bath 🙂 If you are a parent, you hear me on this being a luxury and making you happy!
- Reading a book- bonus points if it is a light, chick lit type read
- Re-watching older funny movies- we searched for Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler movies to start 🙂
- Doing a favorite workout virtually- so beyond lucky we got our Peloton right before quarantine started!
- Have a spa night at home with your favorite masks
- Getting takeout from a favorite restaurant- win-win because it give you a meal off from cooking and also helps support a local business!
- WINE- obviously I can’t indulge right now being pregnant, but if you aren’t pregnant please do so for me.
- Treating yourself to some new comfy clothes for lounging- could be a cute PJ set or maybe that cozy Dudley Stephens you’ve had your eye on forever 😉
What has been keeping you smiling during this time? For those of us that are lucky enough to be healthy, at home and comfortable there, it can seem silly that this has been a difficult time, but it has. I’m trying to focus on the positives when I can- more time with my family, that we have a yard to be outside in- and when I start feeling down, use one of these little tricks to cheer me up! Sending you lots of love and hoping you are safe and healthy!